- IT’S NOT JUST ABOUT ACADEMICS
The Creations School believes there is more to life than academic success. We actively uphold a balanced approach to education; one that develops students who excel both inside and outside the classroom. We believe that learning is a lifelong process that occurs both in and out of the classroom.
We prepare students for the new and emerging challenges of the 21st century. Life at Creations includes just about everything that you do during your years here as a student from academics to sports, from drama to travel. Each child is encouraged to take part in of co-curricular activities, enabling him to spread his wings wider. We offer a diverse range of activities, from experiential learning programs to numerous athletics endeavors, arts experiences, and student activities and clubs.
Four major domains of Talent development laid out by the Creations school are:
- Intellectual abilities Encompassing the areas of language, mathematics and science, intellectual ability development including reading, writing and oral communication, traditional and applied mathematics, space programs, robotics, inventions, forensic skills and other inspiring learning projects.
- Creative abilities Covering confidence building and mind-expanding project areas such as Indian and world vocal and instrumental music, dance, drama, photography, painting and sculpture.
- Physical and Mental abilities Offering a variety of physical and mental activities for a healthy young mind and body including yoga, athletics, team sports, adventure sports and chess.
- Social abilities To enable each child to improve his interactions with classmates, teachers and parents, there are various projects which deal with concepts such as development of leadership qualities, problem solving abilities and interpersonal communication.
- We also encourage students from an early age to take responsibility for their community. Students contribute to decision-making in the school through student councils. Activities involving the wider community generally focus on developing a sense of responsibility for the common good.
- The school runs a house system. Every student belongs to one of four houses. Within their houses students take positions of responsibility, compete against other houses in sport and music and work towards common goals in a range of areas.
- Thoughtful and motivated counselors, teachers, and administrators work with students and their families to ensure that all students have the opportunity to reach their full potential at Creations School.
- At Creations School we believe that a ‘sound mind resides in a healthy body’. For us academic learning and sports education complement each other. Sports teach the child life-skills like teamwork, sportsmanship, esprit de corps and the critical skill of balancing both success and failure positively.
- The Screations School believes that physical education not only helps enhance overall health and motor skills but also helps and sharpens students learning ability. Respect, sportsmanship and fair-play are the foundation of our physical education program. At Creations School, these skills will be inculcated through sports like cricket, football, basketball, badminton, table-tennis, volleyball, chess, and athletics. (Swimming, shooting, lawn tennis, hockey, gymnastics and horse-riding facilities are also available in most of our schools.)
The Creations School provides training in a variety of disciplines in music and dance which the children have freedom to choose from. They can opt for Indian Classical- Kathak ,Bharatnatyam, Odissi, Indian folk , Western dance and fusion. The musical instruments include drums, tabla, pakhwaj, congo, dholak, naal, bongo, guitar, sitar, violin, santoor, sarod, xylophone, harmonium and Casio synthesizer. In vocal there are Western, Hindustani classical and light fusion to choose from. The school has dedicated and gifted teachers in the faculty to ignite and sustain the creative spark in the students. The universal language of music and dance forms helps students from across communities to bond and provides the perfect nutriment for the mind, body and soul.
- The Creations School Art and Craft program connects creativity and innovation at an early stage of children’s development. The program is designed to build skills, develop competencies and provide resources that support creative learning for our students. Most importantly, it gives children the chance to use their imagination.
- Drawing, Painting, Craft, Origami, Photography, Creative writing, Calligraphy, Candle Making are some of the activities included in the program.
An annual excursion is organized for students for every academic session. Further, the school organizes planned visits to various places to enrich the students and to take learning beyond the four walls of the classroom.
The Creations Social Experience program aims to blend a comprehensive classroom teaching program with a variety of community oriented activities. This provides students with abundant opportunities for enriching personal growth, enhanced civic awareness, and a progressive global outlook. Classroom teaching focuses on diverse topics like climate change, child labour, tribal culture , the digital divide, animal rights, deforestation, women’s issues, through seminars, video presentations, “take a stand” activities, story-telling, “prabhatpheris” and lectures. The emphasis is on sustainability and empowerment. Students are encouraged to develop an approach of mutual and reciprocal interaction with the community.